ATTN: ABOVE GROUND EMPLOYEES ONLY
The following rules will apply to all Above Ground Employees who volunteer for overtime.
Please note the Change in Practice for Volunteers for Overtime is effective September 1, 2021 (L96 Art. 7/Sec. 1).
1. Employees on all shifts will be granted the opportunity to volunteer for overtime opportunities.
2. The Company reserves the right to assign overtime as needed in shifts of up to eight (8) hours or less.
3. The Company reserves the right to assign volunteer overtime hours equitably among multiple employees, as needed, to alleviate fatigue and ensure employees are available to report for their next regularly scheduled shift assignment.
4. Employees who volunteer for weekend and/or holiday(s) must report for the shift(s) they selected.
5. Forty-eight (48) hour advance notice to the scheduler(s) is required for any employee unable to fulfill their volunteer work obligation as this will allow dispatch time to find a replacement.
6. Employees who fail to provide at least forty-eight (48) hour notification and “call out” or fail to report for the shift will be excluded from volunteering for two (2) consecutive weeks.
7. Any exceptions to the above clarifications, will be reviewed on a case by case basis and must be approved by a Manager in Service Operations. Such as: providing less than 48 hours-notice with a legitimate reason for not providing the notice in a timely manner.